My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Cheap Year!

Happy 2009, everybody! Having just returned from a spendy NYE trip, I'm eager to kick off a new year of savings. You probably know about this one already, but since it can be your ticket to multiple levels of discounts, I'm going to talk about Ebates.com anyway.

Once you create an account on this site, you use it as a portal to get to the hundreds of online stores that are Ebates affiliates, and get automatic cash rebates when you shop. Each day, certain stores offer double rebates, so it's worth checking if you intend to make a big purchase. For example, I just bought a pair of snow boots at Endless, because Seattle's weather is still nutso. Using Ebates gives me 7% cash back, and I got marked-down boots with an additional $15 off, plus free overnight shipping, PLUS points on my rewards credit card. $$$$

Ebates has tons of stores that I actually shop at anyway (not shady web businesses you've never heard of), so it can be a sweet deal. The only bummer is you have to remember to go through Ebates FIRST - you can't retroactively have them credit your account - and they issue checks quarterly once you have a minimum $10 refund balance, so you could be waiting a while for that rebates check. My next check is due February 15, which is like Valentine's Day for my checking account!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3