My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Get free magazines, beauty products, gift cards & more with Recyclebank.

The freebies are a bit slow today, so instead I'm going to talk about a freebie site that I belong to, but haven't really mentioned here before. It's called Recyclebank, and it's a free, points-based rewards site with an environmental twist. You can earn points by taking quizzes, watching videos, playing games, and taking pledges to reduce your impact on the environment.

The average activity earns 5-25 points and takes a couple of minutes; today, I earned 30 points by taking a short quiz and watching a slideshow about water conservation. To give you an idea of what that buys, 115 points gets you a magazine subscription to Everyday Food, Harper's Bazaar, Popular Mechanics, or Whole Living (among others); 180 points gets you a subscription to Martha Stewart Weddings; and 230 points gives you a subscription to Martha Stewart Living. I've also gotten free full-size Aveeno beauty products, coupons for free smoothies and oatmeal at McDonalds, and more.

Recyclebank was originally created to reward people for recycling, so your community had to have signed up for you to be eligible, which is why I didn't post about this site in the past. But it now seems like it's pretty much open to anyone, and there are many online point-earning opportunities even if you're not enrolled in the recycling program (which I'm not). Full disclosure: if you use my referral link to sign up, I get a teensy wee point bonus, but mainly I'm mentioning it because it's one of the few freebie sites out there that was designed around a cause. So you can get freebies and feel good about doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3