My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Update: Queen of the Coast tuna delayed; Raphael still loves me.

You may recall that a while ago, I posted a half-funny-half-creepy freebie for some Queen of the Coast tuna, written as a flowery mash note from a smooth operator named Raphael. Several tuna-less weeks later, I finally heard an update, but it's entertaining enough that I don't really mind the delay:

Subject: My tuna...

I am grateful for your interest in the fine tuna salads from The Queen of the Coast on www.raphaelbuzz.com. It shows your good taste and culinary cunning.

Thousands of Americans agreed that they needed to get in-touch with their inner tuna. Due to this unprecedented response, your tuna samples will be delayed till after late July. I send my heartfelt apology and want you to know we are fishing as fast as we can. We will message you when it is coming so that you can be released from this great anticipation. If you have received your tuna and enjoy it as I do, know that we have created a special store site, just for my friends. http://www.Raphaelbuzz.com/gettuna

Raphael, Your Royal Ambassador of Love


Now see, THAT'S how to run a freebie offer. If you're overwhelmed by demand and can't fulfill them all, at least go with it and make people chuckle! (Of course, by July, I'm not sure I'll want the tuna packed in BP oil...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3