My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Feed your inner survivalist crank, free.

Worried about that imminent global-warming/nuclear apocalypse? Worry no more with Daily Bread's long-lasting food, perfect for stocking your underground backyard shelter! I don't know about you, but the words "25-year shelf life" make my mouth water.

This website rules. First it riles you up with a news feed of global disasters and scary words like "terrorism" and "unpredictable events," then it hints ominously about the exponentially rising costs of feeding YOUR AMERICAN FAMILY an all-freedom diet, then it casually slips in a mention about how fun, easy, and affordable its freeze-dried canisters of food powder are. When you run out of space in your survivalist cave, you can store your extras under your bed!

OK, I'm sold. Send me one, Daily Bread. Maybe I can finally unload those 50-gallon drums of applesauce in the basement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3