My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Vets eat free at Applebee's on Veterans' Day.

Veterans' Day falls on a Wednesday this year, which is a little inconvenient for me in that it doesn't work out to a 3-day holiday weekend, but, you know, that's fine. Just like a veteran, I'm willing to make sacrifices for my country.

Even if you have to work, treat your favorite veteran to dinner out at Applebee's, where vets eat free on November 11. Just show your military ID and choose from the Three-Cheese Chicken Penne, Fire Pit Bacon Burger, Fiesta Lime Chicken, Chicken Tenders Platter, 7 oz. House Sirloin, or Oriental Chicken Salad.

On an unrelated note, I saw this footnote at the bottom: "Burger patties are grilled to your choice of pink or no-pink." What happened to good old medium rare vs. medium well? Do they just not do that anymore? Back in my day, etc. etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3