My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Search with Swagbucks, get free stuff!

I've been saving this post for a slow freebie day, and that day appears to have come, so here we are: my (non-compensated) plug for Swagbucks. If you haven't heard of it, it's a search engine much like Google - in fact, it aggregates results from Google and Ask - except that when you use it, it randomly spits out "swagbucks" awards, which can be redeemed for gift cards and prizes!

Based on my unofficial research, it looks to me like your second search of the day "randomly" awards you some bucks. So if nothing else, sign in each morning and search for two things until you get your $1, $2, $3 or more award, and then call it a day. But it's actually a decent search engine, and it does continue to reward you throughout the day. There's also a random hourly winner each hour. Generally, you'll make about 3 Swagbucks a day, and 45 Swagbucks will earn you a $5 Amazon gift certificate. OK, so it's not going to replace your day job, but you might as well be earning while you search, right?

And if you join through the referral link I'm providing here, I get a wee bonus of Swagbucks, which is kind of nice for me. But even if you don't want to help a sister out, consider using a search engine that gives you rewards for using it and looking at their advertising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3