My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Etsy special: mineral eyeshadow for $2!

I have the Bare Escentuals basic eye kit (in sensible neutrals), but I wanted to try something a little more fun and colorful for summer. Of course, there's no need to put money in The Man's pockets when you can shop on Etsy, so I had my beauty spree courtesy of The All Natural Face.

You probably already know that mineral cosmetics are supposed to be much better for your skin than the usual chemical-laden ones you find in stores, and her products are vegan and do not use any artificial ingredients. No bismuth, no talc, no carmine, no silk powder, no d & c lake colors and no parabens.

But that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice color or sparkle! Gold Dust is an intensely shimmery metallic gold eyeshadow, and Evening Orchid is a rich, glimmering purple. And they're a deal - 3 generous sample jars for $6, and mine came with 2 mini-brushes and a bunch of mini-samples of various products in tiny baggies.

Right now, she's having an "Independence Day" sale to celebrate independence from corporate America. Use code "Independence Day Savings" and save $5 off $30 or more; $10 off $55 or more; $15 off $90 or more; $20 off $110 or more; and free shipping on orders over $100. Oh, and did I mention that my order somehow made it from Massachusetts to Seattle in 3 days?

If you're looking to try out mineral makeup but don't want to spend a ton of money on the fancy kits, there are alternatives! Or if you just want a new eyeshadow to match every swimsuit. ;)


1 comment:

  1. awwww! thanks for the shout out! I have sample kits for all my products too: ) If you mention this blog page I will include free shipping on your order too: )

    : ) crystal...the all natural face: )

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 3