My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Free sample of Great Value cereal bars.

As someone who does not enjoy getting up in the morning, I've become a big fan of cereal bars, which shave a few minutes off my weekday a.m. routine by allowing me to have breakfast at my desk. So I'll be signing up for a sample of these Great Value cereal bars.

The minimalist packaging design makes me wonder, though: are these Walmart's own generic product? Remember when generic food had a plain white or yellow label and just said BEANS or CORN or ABJECT POVERTY in a grim, sans-serif font? Now they've taken all the shame out of buying generic, and that's why we're in this terrible economic climate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3