My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Possibly-free Kindle version of Cook's How-to-Cook Library.

This freebie baffles me a little, because it's listed as "free" and many of the Amazon customer reviewers reference it as free, but it's clearly NOT free when you look at the product page.
Cook's Illustrated magazine has written this How-to-Cook Library, subtitled "An illustrated step-by-step guide to foolproof cooking," which sounds pretty useful (though I'm not sure I'd want to take my pricey Kindle into the kitchen to be doused in gravy and melted butter). Its Kindle price is $9.99, but as recently as 3 days ago, people were commenting about being able to review it for free. Did the freeness vanish on June 1?

Well, if you get it to work, whip up a rack of lamb with those little paper crowns to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 3