My photo
Got a tip for your fellow cheapskates? Send it to hardtimesnewsletter@gmail.com!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Freebie surprise!

When I checked my mail today, I had a huge, heavy padded mailer envelope waiting for me from Aveeno. This was confusing, because I hadn't signed up for any Aveeno freebies lately - but wait! There was that email I'd gotten a couple of weeks ago, offering a free full-size bottle of Aveeno Stress Relief lotion to the first 5,000 respondents - but by the time I saw the email, two hours after it was sent, the offer had long since expired.

Or had it? Apparently not, because they sent me a 12-oz bottle of Stress Relief lotion, along with a somewhat perplexing card that implied that I'd received the offer at my gynecologist's office while giving birth. Well, whatever. I may not have offspring, but I have stress that needs to be lotioned away. Do they make this stuff in bathtub sizes?


3 comments:

  1. I got mine too! Hard Times Newsletter makes dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you dream of Aveeno lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot I signed up for one. I got mine, but the dispenser is broken :(

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0 3